The Principals of Mold Remediation For Your Business
If you have a commercial building in East Bradenton or Lakewood Ranch, mold might not be your biggest concern each day. It is something you should be aware of and take action when necessary.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification outlines five major principles of mold remediation. This important to know if you own or lease commercial business space.
1. Make sure safety and health precautions are taken by cleanup professionals, such as the SERVPRO of East Bradenton team. Mold-contaminated buildings can be associated with a number of health problems. Anyone involved in the mold remediation process must be protected from exposure through a combination of practices and controls.
2. An effective mold remediation cannot be developed without first determining the extent of the contamination to be removed. To ensure that remediation work is being properly performed, it is highly recommended that appropriate documentation of the remediation process be kept by project management.
3. Control of mold before it spreads further. Eliminating mold at the source of contamination is essential. Once mold spores spread through the air, it will be much more difficult to capture.
4. Oversee the proper physical removal of the mold. The mold must be physically removed from the structure. Attempts to isolate mold or remove signs of mold on the surface are not adequate. Note that bleach alone cannot kill mold.
5. Ensure that moisture is controlled to limit future contamination or recontamination. Mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled. Moisture problems must be identified, located and corrected or controlled as soon as possible.
Application of these principles may involve multiple disciplines and professionals from a wide range of restoration and indoor environmental fields. Mold issues can be extremely costly to your business. If you suspect mold from a leak or some other source, don't hesitate to call today.
Why use a certified technician?
SERVPRO of East Bradenton / Lakewood Ranch professional restoration technicians understand the need for quick response. Immediate remediation is key to controlling any escalating costs to your business.
The longer the remediation is delayed, the higher the cost of restoration. We have the certifications and the knowledge to apply the restoration techniques required to return the items to their preloss condition and make it look "Like it never even happened." Give us a call, we are here to help you get your commercial property back on track 941-747-2333.